Steeles Law is proud to be sponsoring and hosting the forthcoming Norfolk Chamber of Commerce HR Forum on Wednesday, 11 September 2013: ‘Termination without Tears’.
Expert speakers from both the employment and dispute resolution teams at Steeles Law will be looking in detail at the protections available to employers when employment comes to an end, including the following topics:
• Holding ‘without prejudice’ conversations
• New rules on ‘pre-termination negotiations’ and drafting considerations for settlement (compromise) agreements
• Protecting confidential information and business interests during and after termination
• Enforcing restrictive covenants
• Dealing with grievances by ex-employees
• Rules relating to the provision of references
The employment team comments: “Dealing with the termination of employment, ensuring adequate protection for the business and achieving a ‘clean break’ often presents HR professionals with a number of challenges. At this Forum, we will provide an overview of the most up to date legal position together with some clear, practical advice on these topics”.
The HR Forum will be held at Dunston Hall near Norwich, from 2.00pm to 5.00pm on Wednesday 11 September 2013. Further information, including details of how to book, is available from the Chamber of Commerce website.