This guide provides a detailed and structured overview of the procedures relating to commercial leases.
Topics of interest include:
- What is a lease?
- The lease negotiation
- Title investigations, searches and enquiries
- Advisability of a survey
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Land Registry fees
- Code of Practice for Commercial Leases
- Service charges and rent
- Rights, exceptions and reservations
- Insurance and repairs
- Alterations and improvements
- Assignment and underletting
- Contracting out of the LTA 1954