Our Charity Law team offer a dedicated and bespoke service, with experience acting for a number of high profile charities and social enterprises. The team continue to be a main player in local academy conversions, the latter being exempt charities, converting over 30 schools to date, gaining considerable expertise in both single and multi-academy trust conversions.
Steeles Law’s Commercial Property team has a growing reputation for expertise in the charity sector. As well as advising charity clients on transactional matters, the team assisted the Ethical Property Foundation (EPF) in delivering a variety of seminars on commercial leases to charity organisations, as part of the EPF’s national training programme. EPF celebrated its 15th Anniversary with Steeles Law in 2019.
The Employment and Commercial teams actively collaborate with the charity team to present on employment and business law issues and work closely with Wills, Probate and Tax colleagues who provide expert advice on a wide range of trust and trustee issues.
Why choose our Charity Law team?
Ranked in the Legal 500, the leading guide to law firms and solicitors in the UK with praise from clients which includes ‘quickly assess and summarise legal options that greatly assisted us in rationalising its property estate across London, Belfast, Birmingham and Chester. He is considered an extremely valued member of our team of external consultants, from whom advice is taken’, ‘team at Steeles provide excellent support’
Examples of our Charity law expertise:
- Advising a charity based in Lambeth, operating from a Grade II Listed Building and providing facilities for the local community in terms of drama; nursery; and a venue for the local community to hire for weddings and social events.
- Advising a charity on how best to lock a valuable land asset into the charity so that it could not be used for any other purposes.
- Advising a charity taking a Lease of large premises from the Local Authority freeholder.
- Legal advice provided to trustees of a charity which own a share in a large area of land in South Norfolk.
- Legal advice given to a new leadership group working with new chairs, and advising on constitutional regulatory matters for the Trust.
To speak to a member of our experienced Charity Law team, please call 01603 598000 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to contact you. Appointments are available in Norwich, Diss and London offices.