In this masterclass, we are aiming to demystify the new system of shared parental leave that will be introduced in April 2015. In this interesting and interactive session, we will consider in detail the way in which the new system is expected to operate and some of the practical difficulties which may arise.
We will be looking at the following key questions:
- What is Shared Parental Leave?
- Who is eligible? How do employees request leave?
- Do employers have to agree to employees’ plans?
- What happens to other statutory leave entitlements?
- Are employees taking leave entitled to any pay? Do we have to offer an enhancement?
- What happens when employees are on leave? What happens on their return?
Attendees at our recent talk at the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce HR forum commented:
- “Very informative, very clear and very useful”
- “Very interesting… a difficult subject explained clearly and made easy to understand”
- “ A great introduction to Shared Parental Leave”
We do hope you can join us on 10 December. Places are limited and are booking up quickly, so for further details of how to book your place, please contact us.