Wills and probate often give rise to complex and emotional disputes, particularly if the size of the estate is large.
Where a Will has not been made, the laws of intestacy can fail to recognise the apparent intentions of the deceased.
Our experienced, dedicated and sympathetic contentious probate team works closely with our wills, probate and tax team to deal with all disputes arising out of Wills, estates and trusts. These may include:
- challenging or defending a Will on the basis of lack of mental capacity, undue influence, knowledge and intention, invalid procedure or fraud
- applications by persons not included as a beneficiary or who were inadequately provided for under the Will
- disputes relating to the construction of Wills and trusts
- charity disputes
- applications to remove or substitute executors or trustees
- pursuing or defending actions for breach of trust by personal representatives and negligent administration of estates
- negligently drafted Wills and professional negligence claims against Will Writers or Professional Executors/Trustees
If you or a member of your family has a dispute or wishes to contest a Will, please contact us at any of our offices. We are here to help.