The update will cover essential and forthcoming developments in employment law, including the following topics:
- Holiday Pay – making sense of holiday, overtime and commission in light of the decisions in Bear Scotland v Fulton and Lock v British Gas. Should an employer include payments for non-guaranteed overtime and commission?
- Family-friendly working – how will the new system of Shared Parental Leave work? We will attempt to demystify new system, addressing the key issues that employers will need to grapple with. We will also discuss other recent changes, including requests for flexible working and the right for time off to accompany pregnant women to ante-natal appointments.
- Disability discrimination – is discrimination on grounds of obesity illegal? We consider the recent decision of the ECJ in FOA v Billund Kommune.
- Collective Redundancy – what now for the obligation to consult collectively? Does it matter whether redundancies are to be spread over multiple sites? We will discuss the latest developments in the “Woolworths” case.
- Early Conciliation – what impact has the introduction of ACAS early conciliation in April 2014 had?
Plus a look at other recent note-worthy caselaw developments, including the extent to which flexibility clauses in employment contracts can be relied upon; how to handle dismissals on multiple grounds; protecting your business when an employee walks out in repudiatory breach; dismissals for private twitter use, and dealing with e-cigarettes in the workplace.
The update will be delivered by qualified and experienced lawyers who specialise exclusively in employment law, with the emphasis on the practical implications of the law for your business. Delegates find these briefings a fantastic opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest legal developments:
“An excellent update, a ‘must’ attend for the HR professional. Very good value for money!” (previous delegate)
The update is taking place on Wednesday 18 March 2015, at Barnham Broom Hotel (Honingham Road, Barnham Broom, Norwich NR9 4DD).
Registration and coffee will be at 7.45am; a full English breakfast will be served from 8.00am. The update will start at 8.30am and will finish at approximately 10am.
The cost of the update is just £30 plus VAT per person, including a full English breakfast. If you book one place, you can book a second place at half price, for just £15 plus VAT.
If you would like to attend please contact Gemma Hoskins, Marketing Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on 01603 598000. Please let us know if you have any dietary or other special requirements when booking your place. We do hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you on 18 March 2015.
If you are unable to come but would like further information about the work we do, please contact the employment team: email@example.com. Apart from our regular seminars, we also carry out interactive in-house training sessions designed for managers and HR professionals, which can be tailored to suit your needs.