The update will cover essential recent and forthcoming developments in employment law, including the following topics:
- TUPE – revised TUPE Regulations are in force from 31 January 2014. We will provide an overview of the key changes and how this will impact on businesses.
- Employment tribunals – the introduction of a new power for tribunals to impose a financial penalty on employers and mandatory pre-claim conciliation via Acas, both introduced from 6 April 2014.
- Equality changes – we will look at various recent and forthcoming amendments to the Equality Act 2010, including the abolition of statutory discrimination questionnaires.
- Flexible working – the extension of the right to request flexible working to all employees, which is now due to take place in Autumn 2014.
- Redundancy – the rules relating to collective consultation have been thrown into doubt following the EAT decision in the “Woolworths” case; we will consider the latest position and other recent developments.
- Parental leave – a look ahead at the latest plans for shared parental leave to replace the existing system of maternity and paternity leave.
Plus a look at other recent noteworthy caselaw developments.
The update will be delivered by qualified and experienced lawyers who specialise exclusively in employment law, with the emphasis on the practical implications of the law for your business. Delegates find these briefings a fantastic opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest legal developments:
“An excellent update, a ‘must’ attend for the HR professional. Very good value for money!” (previous delegate)
The update is taking place on Tuesday 11 March 2014, at Barnham Broom Hotel (Honingham Road, Barnham Broom, Norwich NR9 4DD).
Registration and coffee will be at 7.45am; a full English breakfast will be served from 8.00am. The update will start at 8.30am and will finish at approximately 10am.
The cost of the update is just £30 plus VAT per person, including a full English breakfast. If you book one place, you can book a second place at half price, for just £15 plus VAT.
If you would like to attend please contact Gemma Hoskins, Marketing Manager by email. Please let us know if you have any dietary or other special requirements when booking your place. Bookings are open until Monday 3 March 2014. We do hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you on 11 March 2014.
If you are unable to come but would like further information about the work we do, please contact the employment team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Apart from our regular seminars, we also carry out interactive in-house training sessions designed for managers and HR professionals, which can be tailored to suit your needs.