Steeles Law has extensive experience in dealing with property disputes. We advise a wide variety of clients, ranging from pension boards, housing associations and local authorities with large property portfolios, to small and medium businesses and individual landowners. The team also has significant experience of acting for banks and building societies.
The property disputes team works closely with our commercial property and conveyancing teams to ensure that solutions are practical and enforceable.
We can offer advice on:
- landlord and tenant disputes (including possession proceedings and disrepair and dilapidations claims)
- business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- general housing management issues
- adverse possession claims
- rights of way, rights to light and other easement disputes
- enforcement of pre-emption agreements and options
- charging orders and mortgage possession claims
Our team also has detailed knowledge of insolvency proceedings and advises insolvency practitioners on the property aspects of personal and corporate insolvency.
The Legal 500 2012 reported on the team advising a commercial landlord on dealing with a tenant company in administration and in the eviction of travellers from Gissing Common in Norfolk.
"Steeles Law has an ‘impressive’ practice."
- Legal 2013